Monday, August 27, 2012

The Best Professors Since...Well...Ever! (Part 1)

Suddenly I wish that Philosophy class was my first one of the day. Dr. Nelson, the Phil. Of Man professor, is the funniest professor ever! He’s so hyper and energetic when he teaches, I daresay even so early on in the semester that Phil. Of Man just might be my favorite class.

Dr. Osborn is everything I anticipated a Lit. Trad. Professor to be and more. He reads so eloquently and when he’s trying to get a visual point across, he’ll even go so far as to act something out with a little dance or something. As “monotone” as his voice can be sometimes, he’s very intriguing and delivers excellent lectures.

Then there’s Dr. Lisot, our Art History instructor. She’s very strict and goes through the slides like she’s wrapping up the class. Nevertheless, she’s a great instructor. Actually, since I’ve already taken Art History I and II, A lot of this feels like review to me. I think it’ll make that class a bit easier.

Other than those three classes for the day, the last big highlight was playing an exhilarating game of soccer with about a dozen of the UDers and Dr. Osborn and his oh-so-spunky daughter, Zoe. Those Osborns can really knock ’em dead on the field.

In other news, I think I’ll try auditing Survival Italian this semester. . I mean, you can get by with Spanish and it’s dramatically easier for the Italians to understand what you’re trying to say than when you speak in English, that’s for sure, but I think it’d be nice having a bit of Italian on hand out here rather than Spanish alone. Also, a few of us tried to book a trip for Cinque Terre, but due to the steep pricing, we decided that we’ll probably stay local this upcoming weekend and pick out a number of places that we’d like to visit. But I still have plenty to look forward in the coming weeks: Two big weekends on the Amalfi Coast!

1 comment:

  1. You might as well just take survival Italian. The "final" is in the middle of the semester and is basically a joke and it's pass/fail. Have you had a class with Sr. Catherine yet? She's my fav. If you see her tell her hi from me. :)

    ReplyDelete